Sunday, May 1, 2011

Breathing Life...Into My Abandoned Blog!

Wow! It's been about two years since I've posted on my blog...guess I haven't been taken over by every aspect of the online world, yet! To me, the idea of a blog is a great one. However, putting my ideas into action is an area where I could use some improvement!

As I looked through pictures, pictures, and more pictures tonight for my graduation slide show, I slowed had a realization. In a few short months, three to be exact, I will be packing up everything I've ever known in life and moving. Not with my mom and sister, my cats, my bed. Just me. That thought is so foreign to me and I don't think I've fully wrapped my head around the concept quite yet. While I'm still trying to get used to this idea, I cannot wait for the next step in life! Hard to believe that I have 12 days of high school left! Twelve days in a building I've spent the past 4 years of my life learning and growing. It's become my life and that chapter is almost over. I can't even imagine the feeling of walking across that stage and then moving my tassel...gives me goosebumps! :)

After that, the next step begins. That next step for me: college. I will be moving four hours west of home on August 19th to Orange City, IA. It's a little town, a bit smaller than Charles City, and extremely quaint and welcoming. Very traditional Dutch community and each time I've visited it's felt like home! Starting this fall I will be a freshman at Northwestern College with the intention of majoring in Spanish while receiving endorsements to teach high school Spanish as well as English as a Second Language. At this time, I feel like God is calling me to Mexico, or at least the southern United States. My dream is to live my life on a daily basis speaking Spanish more than English. I long to impact Mexico through my teaching, my music, and my God. Something about the culture and the people of that country captured my heart way back in 2006, and I haven't been the same since. Every time I see a picture of the place I love, my heart aches to be back on those dirt roads I've come to love. I can't wait to see where God will take me. I'm in for the ride of my life, I can feel it!

1 comment:

Julie Cline (mom) said...

so, so proud of you Jaime! love you bunches! God is smiling big over you!!