Friday, June 19, 2009

T-Minus 8 Hours!!

So in about 8 hours we will be headed to church to load up into 3 vans. 20 people in purple moose shirts and about 22 suitcases, 20 backpacks, and 4 drivers. And I am beyond beyond being excited!

Just the thought of being in Mexico in less than 24 hours is amazing. I cannot wait to return to a place I love so, so dearly. To see the people that in the course of either one or two weeks completely changed my life, to see people that are new, that I've only talked to on the internet. The thought of being able to wrap my arms around all of the precious people is thrilling.

My bording pass is printed, my bags are (almost) packed, my clothes laid out for morning. All that's left is going to sleep and waking up. Well, ok, MAYBE sleeping and waking up! :) That one may not be the easiest thing in the world tonight!

As I think about being in Mexico for an entire month, I can't help but think about all that will go on, and all that I will experience. I hope to impact people in a greater level, but also being impacted myself more than ever before. I want to make myself fully open and available to anything and everything God wants to use me for. I know that God has a plan and a perfect plan at that for me to be having this experience. My prayer is that over the next month, that reason would be made clear to me. I want to be able to see the reason God put me on Team Moose. The reason He put me in Mexico for an entire month. It excites me and I can't wait to look back on this trip and see all I gained. Although, I'm not sure I want it to go all that fast! :)

I am going to try to get on here fairly often to let everyone know what I am doing, and I'll say it now, I'm not sure if pictures will be up or not. If not while I'm there, look for them when I get back! :)

Thank you to everyone who is praying for this trip and supporting us. It means the world to know I have a web of people thinking of me!

Counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds :)

Jaime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We received your thank you note today. We are glad we were able to help and we wish you a safe and meaningful trip. We'll check your blog from time to time. Be safe and be happy.

Love,
Uncle John and Aunt Judy